Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Odyssey 2012 - We Are Family...

 It was so nice to have a few evenings in Seattle to just relax with family.  Living so far away as we do, I miss getting to see our kids interact with their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  So we just have to make up for lost time when we're there!  I love my family so much and we're thrilled that Chris and Jen will be moving to our neck of the woods in a few months - WITH their soon-to-be-born baby boy. 


 Stephen thought he could duck fast enough that I couldn't take his picture.  Gotcha, sucka!  :)


Setting up for the family BBQ.  



"Just loook aht my muh-soles!"

Kaylie and Haley bothered played with the birds the whole time.  

 Alex teases Grandpa Breckon.



 Alex's middle name is Breckon, and I see a lot of the Breckon genes in him.  This lucky little boy is very well-loved. 

This was one of my favorite moments from the trip.  I happened to glance in the shed and saw my big brother patiently letting Jake help him split kindling.  My brother is one of the most amazing guys I know - super smart, thoughtful, successful, kind, charming....he's going to be a fabulous dad.

Haley, Kaylie, and Grace enjoy s'mores around the chimnea.