Friday, October 28, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern vs. Yoda


I will be honest - as a mom, I do not look forward to carving pumpkins.  The kids are so excited, but who does most of the work?  Mom and Dad.  But as much as I stall the project, it always goes smoother and faster than I expected. 

This year Alex was big enough to help with his own pumpkin - though it turned out he was not excited about getting messy.  Luckily he had Dad and Haley to help him with the scraping and slopping.

Continuing our Star Wars theme this year, we had a Yoda pumpkin to go with our carved jack-o-lanterns.  I have to say - that is pumpkin decorating I could love: pop in the pieces and {voila}! 

With only a few days left until Halloween, now our porch will be all ready for trick-or-treaters! 

 Haley was kind enough to help Jake too - he's not a fan of slimy things.

 You want me to do....what?!

 "Ewwww!"


 Yoda-pumpkin and Frowny with Alex.


 BOO!