Friday, August 27, 2010

Jake, Pre-schooler!

As hard as it was to send Haley off to school, it was a little easier to watch Jake start pre-school the following week - he was SO EXCITED. He's been ready to start school since last Spring when he turned 4 and just couldn't wait to be in on the fun. The first day he pulled me down the steps saying, "Come ON, Mom!"

Jake is going to the same pre-school that Haley went to, and was even lucky enough to get the same teacher too. He goes two mornings a week and so far he loves everything about it - show and tell, recess, snack time, crafts, music, new friends, and of course his Transformers backpack. As fierce as Jake was as a baby and toddler, he is turning into such a sweet and helpful big kid. He's my best little buddy and I'm going to miss him terribly when he starts kindergarten next year...so I refuse to think about that for now and will just enjoy the days and afternoons I get to spend with him.