Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Haley, 2nd Grader!

Back-to-school time came way too quickly this year, and before I knew it we were sending Haley off to 2nd grade. I always loved going back to school as a kid, with new school supplies and clothes and tanned-and-bug-bitten limbs. But it's different as a parent and I have to hide my true emotions in order to be sure our kids feel that same sense of excitement and adventure. It all just goes by so fast and every year I can see her growing up - and just a little more away from me. Of course it's also exciting to watch Haley becoming her own person, with her own ideas and opinions, and I can't wait to see how she'll grow and change this year. Here's to a wonderful school year, Haley!


In kindergarten she read a (very old) book where the kids brought apples to the teacher. Loving old-fashioned stuff as she does, this is now one of her traditions.

That's our goofy girl!