Sunday, September 02, 2007

Catch-Up Time

Whew! For some reason I always envision that I'll have more time for things in the summer...but it's not true! Not only are we adding trips to the park, vacations, and swimming trips to our days, but also all the gardening and yardwork - something we definitetly don't have to worry about for 6 months of the year here! Anyway, Rob is back to teaching classes and vacations are over, so we're slowly resettling into a schedule. I will be trying to to regular posts, and catch you up on our summer slowly instead of in one monster post...


Here's what's going on right now:


PRESCHOOL PRINCESS


Haley started preschool this past week! She did so great and loves it already. We'd been talking about it for months and practicing at home, since she was still not sure she wanted to go. Finally we walked over and took a tour, then attended the open house and met her teacher. She couldn't wait to go and had her clothes laid out with her backpack packed the night before. There was no sign of the separation anxiety that has plagued us in the past... In the morning she was the first one dressed and ready, and ran ahead of me on the sidewalk all the way there. But once we got to the parking lot, she skidded to a stop and looked up at me with huge, teary eyes and said, "I don't think I'm ready after all!" But she bravely walked in and took her seat and then didn't even notice when I left. And of course she didn't want to leave when I came back to pick her up. So for now, preschool is a success! Hopefully the transition to all-day kindergarten next fall will be just as easy...
PS - Look at that big-girl haircut! Four going on fourteen...