Sunday, August 09, 2009

One (wonderful, busy, fun, sleep-deprived) Month

I've been meaning to get around to this post for a week now...I just can't ever seem to make myself put Alex down in order to do it. I could stare at him for hours - and sometimes do, to the detriment of my housework and blog.

Now one month old, Alex is finally outgrowing his preemie-sized clothes and is noticeably filling out. He still likes to be swaddled and snuggled and eats ALL the time. He does not like baths or loud noises or being cold. He's awake for longer periods of time now and I'm trying like crazy to get him to smile at me. Although he's had some fussy periods (no more chocolate or Diet Pepsi for mom), he's hanging on to his Mr. Mellow title. Watch for millions of "Alex-is-smiling" pictures coming (hopefully) soon!



I love these wraps that the hospitals use now.

Peanut with his dad.

This is how the kids stayed entertained in the hospital room - watching movies on Rob's laptop.

Coming home from the hospital - his "going home" outfit I'd gotten him was so big on him.

A tradition in our home - the first jam session with Daddy.

Such a snuggle bug!

Not warm enough to swim, but always warm enough for popsicles.

Like all siblings everywhere, Jake has to try out the bouncy seat.
He also decided one day he wanted to wear one of Alex's outfits, and I thought for a minute and then said, "why not?" This is what a 0-3 month outfit looks like on a 3-year-old... "Loohk aht my muh-scles!"Conked out after his bath - those really wear him out.


Shortly after Alex and I got home from the hospital, Rob's parents flew up to spend a week with us. Haley and Jake loved the extra playmates, and Rob and I thoroughly appreciated the help with dishes, laundry, cooking, and holding baby. Haley even planned a "tea party birthday" for Grandma - right down to the decorations and Sweet Zucchini Cupcakes. It was a fun week and we're so glad they were able to come!