Monday, May 01, 2006

Ramblings Resulting from Rain

I woke up early this morning to the sound of rain, which isn't very remarkable except that it was the exact drizzle, the very same pitter-patter and drip-drip-drip that ran like a very wet soundtrack through most of my childhood. Rob often teases me about my "super-senses," but as I lay there in the pre-dawn hours and listened to raindrops my mind was flooded with random memories and I was suddenly very homesick. Maybe that's not the right word, since my home now really is wherever my husband and children are. But it made me think, and I hope that as I go throughout my days trying to get to Target without Jake screaming in his carseat or thinking for the hundredth time that I really should mop the kitchen floor or worrying about getting the sweet peas planted - I hope that I'm taking enough time to create a home that Haley and Jake will one day feel homesick for...