Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Odyssey 2001 - Sunny Seattle

Oh, how I love this city! I'm so grateful that we get to spend a little time here each year and share all of our favorite places with the kids. I can't get enough of the mountains, the water, the views....I just love it, especially in the summer. We never have enough time to see everything we'd like, or all the people we'd like to see, so we squeeze as much into every minute that we can.

This year we just hit a few of our very favorite spots.

A perfect Seattle afternoon - lunch at Ivar's on Lake Union. Watching the bridges open and close for the boats never gets old for the kids (or me, to be honest!).

We created so many memories here during our college years...
I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since we left!

Chris and Rob puttin' together the new grill so they can grill us up some pizzas...yum!

Haley and her BDFF (Best Dog Friend Forever), Abby.

Um, Haley...Alex is *not* a puppy, no matter how much you wish he were.

Alex is sooo tall, with Uncle Chris and Aunt Jen. Thanks for putting us up...I bet the house seemed REALLY quiet when we left!


I just had to get out on the water while we were there. A ferry ride from Tacoma to Vashon island was the perfect day trip. The kids and mom and I spent the afternoon taking in the views and exploring the island.


I swear if I ever get to live with a view like this, I will never ever take it for granted. Ever.

Alex and Grandma Ann.

Quintessential Jake face. With Alex's sweater on.


He is such a ham.

Please move to North Dakota, Grandma!

We stopped at a nursery on Vashon; they had so many amazing container combinations. What I wouldn't give to live in a garden Zone 7/8 again.


Bellevue Square has changed a LOT since I hung out there as a teenager. Fortunately the ferry play area is bigger and better....the shopping isn't too bad either!

Fish faces while watching the flying fish at Pike Place. We dropped by quickly to pick up a few bottles of our favorite balsamic vinegar. Until next year!