Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Idyllic Itasca

With the start of the school year rapidly approaching, we took a look at our unfinished Summer Fun List and decided to drive out to Lake Itasca for a day. This has become one of my favorite areas in Minnesota, mainly because it reminds me of Seattle with all the evergreens, lakes, and hills.

It was just warm enough to swim so we spent quite a while splashing around and digging in the sand before playing on the playground and exploring some of the trails. I wish it didn't take quite so long to get here (2 1/2 hours) because I could easily spend all summer at Itasca. We'll have to plan some longer trips here next summer - you're all welcome to join us!



















"Oh yeah, baby! Candy necklaces!"



A little boy and his pail...so classic.


I LOVE THE BEACH!!!!!

We passed this gorgeous old house on our way home.