Thursday, May 05, 2011

Fire Station Visit

Yesterday we met friends at Fire Station #4 here in town to take a tour and meet the firefighters. I even pulled Haley out of school for a few hours so she could come too. Most of the kids were a little shy but it was fun to see the firefighters' living quarters, gear, and the trucks of course. Alex was content to run away from me and try to push any and all buttons (both literally and figuratively).

Funniest moment of the day: The kids were looking through a thermal-imaging camera and I happened to be in the viewfinder. Haley: "That's my mom!" Firefighter: "Does she always look like that?" Haley: "No, she's had 3 kids." I guess it's time to redouble my efforts at the gym!




Alex was sleepy and uncooperative and wouldn't keep his hat on for the picture.