Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mobility

Alex is crawling...and cruising, and pulling up, and climbing stairs. Get the baby gates, quick! This baby is on the move and I wasn't quite ready for it yet. No longer is it a good thing when he's quiet in the other room. He is very fast and determined and loves cords, paper, folded clothes, stale Cheerios, cardboard, Barbie shoes, and Transformers' arms and legs left strewn about from battles to the death. Let the toddler years begin!

My sister Kim had a scar on her forehead for a long time as a result of falling against a brick fireplace edge as a toddler...so I've been a little paranoid about this one in our family room since we moved in. When Alex got mobile I went out and found this protective foam; it's not even that ugly once it's on. One afternoon I came in and found him like this...SO effective! Now he thinks it's great fun to crawl over and pull it off.