Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Heat Is On


It has finally warmed up here the last few weeks, at least enough to set up the pool in the backyard. Haley and Jake love to spend the whole day running around the backyard, from pool to slip 'n slide to sprinkler. I love these carefree summer days!




Jake tests the waters before trying the slide.



Brr! It's colder than it looks.



Summer cuties.


I had to document this, the little stinker - Jake woke us up at 6:30 so I came downstairs with him. He had some breakfast and then fell back asleep on the couch, something he's NEVER done before. Did I get more sleep? Nope, I was already wide awake by then. I guess he's helping prepare me for baby brother...


The hot weather must have been brought north by our friend Bill, who drove up from Salt Lake to visit this week. The kids adore him, and we're all happy he's home safe after spending four and a half years in Iraq. Along with the heat he brought up two coolers filled with treats from Rob's childhood - Robintino's pizza and Pace's Dairy Ann bars. Rob was in heaven! We've roped him into helping with several "man" projects (tiling a friend's shower, transplanting a tree), and the week isn't even over yet...it's great how these guys get things DONE!