Friday, May 30, 2008

My Next THIRTY Years

Milestone birthdays can be painful, but I was able to endure this one with relative ease...it's hard to dislike birthdays when the kids are so very excited - and when they bring you breakfast in bed (again!), shower you with hugs and well-wishes, give you cheery pink Gerbera daisies, and send you to the salon! Not to mention Rob STUNNING me with a super-fancy new camera, one that I can only hope to someday deserve with my photography. Besides the rather embarassing attention given by the waitstaff at the Texas Roadhouse, it was a great day and I even had a few moments to ponder what I'd wish for myself in the next 30 years:

-Be more bold & ask more questions

-Wear sunscreen

-Complete a triathlon

-Savor time with the kids & Rob

-Get a Master's degree

-Travel to southern France, Italy, Australia, Alaska, Hawaii, Spain...could go on and on...