Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Phew, We're Tired!

Last week the kids and I were a bit over scheduled. It seemed like every day was booked full and we hardly had time to catch our breath. Lots of fun stuff, but it came as no surprise when we came down with a stomach bug at the end of the week - it seemed inevitable after wearing ourselves out! Some of the highlights of our full agenda:

Haley's ballet recital is coming up in a few weeks and they finally got their costumes! She wore hers all day and even put together something for Jake. She's doing really well considering she's only been taking lessons for a few months. I learned the dance too and she has fun watching me try to do it...passe left, passe right...





I took advantage of the relatively nice weather and squeezed in an extra workout one evening when Rob was working late. Pushing 2 kids for an hour is hard work! Fortunately it got them both asleep...Jake's Lucky Puppy had to come along for the ride.

I'm learning how to do face painting...a woman in our ward asked if I'd be interested in helping out at a few events if she taught me how. This was after we'd sat down for the first time and she showed me the basics. I went home and did this on myself in the mirror...don't look too closely at the lines!
Play date! Haley's friend Audrey came over to play one afternoon. They'd been wanting to have a pajama party but neither one wants to actually sleep over at the other's house. So they just put on nightgowns and Jake put on a sleeper and they hauled pillows and blankets out into the living room. Somehow dancing was involved, and ballet flats, and snacks -but no actual sleeping.
Freckle juice. This really close-up shot is to try to show Haley's freckles. I love them! It's the cutest sprinkling of perfect little freckles. Rob thinks I'm making them up, but they're there, I promise! We borrowed Freckle Juice by Judy Blume from the library and Haley got a kick out of it, but swears she didn't drink any such thing.
One morning I came home from a run to find guitar time going on. Rob loves this picture; I'm not sure anything could make him happier than seeing both kids playing guitar! The guitar-case seat is a nice touch, too.