Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white....Easter.


Easter feels like it was so long ago - maybe time has slowed down to the interminable rate of melting snow here? I think this was our first-ever White Easter, thanks to the inch or so of fresh snow we got the day before. The kids couldn't have cared less, of course, all they were focused on was the candy. During the opening prayer at church that Sunday, Jake kept saying, "Easter Bunny! Can-dee!" Yeah, we weren't so successful at keeping the focus off the sweets this year. But it was a great day together as a family, and Haley even helped me hide eggs for Jake to find. Happy Spring, everyone!

The kids and I had lots of fun decorating eggs. It was much less stressful than last year because I decided to put Jake down for his nap while Haley and I dyed the eggs, saving a few for him to do himself. We managed to get away with no major spills or mishaps!









I could not for the life of me get a great shot of both kids in their Easter outfits...oh well, such is the case when I tried to make them hold still and look cute right after 3 hours of church...

Above: Haley was SO excited to help hide the eggs, and then to help Jake find them; Jake was very intent on eating each chocolate egg as he found them; Haley found her hidden basket in almost the first place she looked - hint to mom to try a little harder next year!; Haley and I folded our napkins into these cute little bunnies!